Fishing takes patience and a little luck, but on a great day you could leave with the best catch. Then what do you do? You can capture the big moment with a picture, head back to the dock and turn the catch into dinner. There are so many different ways to cook fish, whether it is grilling, baking or getting the seasoning just right. We want to help you make your catch into “winner winner fresh fish dinner” with these three recipes.
Recipe 1 - Fish Stick Fun
Fish sticks are a quick and easy way to turn your catch into a delicious meal. This crowd pleasing recipe will have the adults and children equally excited about their dinner. To complete the meal, include fries or steamed vegetables and dipping sauces of your choice.
- 2 Pounds Whitefish, cleaned
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Take 2lbs of fish from your catch and cut into one-inch strips.
- Dip the fish sticks into the the lightly beaten egg, then roll them into the flour mixture until covered on both sides.
- After completing this, put the fish sticks on a pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
Recipe 2 - Grill and Chill
Grilling is a good option especially for the fisherman who wants to continue their adventure outdoors. Get ready to chill with friends and cook a dinner that won’t have you fishing for compliments.
- 3 Pounds Salmon, cleaned
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 Teaspoons Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Cut the fillets one-inch wide.
- Coat the fillets with the marinade and let them sit for 30 minutes while waiting for the grill to heat.
- After the grill is heated, spray oil on both sides of the fish.
- Cook 1-3 minutes on the first side and then close the grill lids and cook for another 2-5 minutes.
- Serve with grilled vegetables and enjoy.
Recipe 3 - Turn up the Bass
Turn up the heat on the grill and try out this recipe that is all about the bass. This bass recipe goes well with grilled veggies and will be a big hit with friends and family.
- 3 Pounds Bass
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ Sea Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle on fish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and sit aside.
- Oil the grill grate and cook fish for eight minutes and then drizzle the butter.
- Cook for another eight minutes and then sprinkle the olive oil over the fish before serving.
Plan your fishing adventure today so you can try these fresh fish meals and have your friends and family raving hook, line and sinker. There are endless recipe possibilities out there to pair with your best catch of the summer.